WOLVERINE SOFTBALL BLOG
WESLEY COLLEGE FASTPITCH
NCAA ACTION IN DOVER, DE.

Wesley softball homepage:
athletics.wesley.edu/sports/sball/index



Friday, January 29, 2016

PROFILE: KAYLA FROMAL

Here is a profile of Wesley College's softball co-captain senior #32 INF Kayla Fromal (Middletown, DE). Kayla is a multi-sport athlete; she also holds down the goalkeeper position on the Wesley College Field Hockey team.

Kayla at sunset on the DuPont Softball Field.

Kayla Fromal's advice: "Wish for it, 

Dream about it, Work for it, Achieve it"


Kayla with her family. Left-to-right, 
 father Dennis, Kayla, sister Kelsey, 
and mother Sherri.
Name: Kayla Fromal

Hometown: Middletown, Delaware

Primary position: Third base

Secondary position:
Utility

High school: Appoquinimink High

College graduation year: 2016

College Major: Exercise Science

What I hope to do when I graduate: I've always had a passion for coaching, but I also want to try and get involved in Sport Law if not Nutrition after I attend Grad School.

My passion off the field: Becoming a better person everyday, using my failures to create success. I also enjoy music; I'm probably always singing something.

Academic achievements: Dean's List at Salisbury Fall of 2012, Dean's List at Wesley Spring of 2012.

Non Major course that I enjoyed: Law /Political Science 


During the summer, on left, Kayla with her friend Kelly at Cape Henelopen State Park, Lewes, DE. On right, Kayla goes kayaking at Lums Pond State Park, Bear, DE.


What I like most about college:
I enjoy hanging out with my friends and teammates, from both the field hockey and softball team as well as all the other athletes on campus. Having the opportunity to learn and grow as a individual and as an athlete.

My favorite spot on campus: You can normally find me in the common areas of Wesley College along with the field hockey/softball locker room and everyone else's room except my own.

Things I like to do: I love to inspire people! I also enjoy traveling and the beach. I love baking and cooking  


On left, Kayla as goalkeeper on Wesley College's field hockey team. On right, four field hockey seniors who will gratuate this spring: ReneeSchneider, MeghanGroom, MorganSeymour (also a softball co-captain/ field hockey multi-sport player) and Kayla.

What I done during the summer breaks:
Watched my sister graduate from high school, took up kayaking, spent countless moments at the beach and just overall enjoyed this past 22nd summer of mine.

Best advice I've received: "No matter what anyone tells you, you can accomplish whatever you want in this world, just keep going, I will always love you no matter what" - my mom


Above, Kayla encourages softball teammate 
LilyEngel in a pickup volleyball game against 
Wesley College's women's lacrosse team
Below, Kayla with the Wesley College softball 
team prior to a “pink game” to heighten 
awareness of the fight against cancer.

Favorite Players: Derek Jeter, Mia Hamm, Michael Jordan, Kristyn Sandberg 
  
Favorite Teams: University of North Carolina and a Philly sports fan.

Favorite Books: Dear John, Wooden, The Blind Side.

Favorite Movies:
Invincible, She's The Man, Remember the Titans. (Basically all sport movies)

Favorite quotes: "Life is better at the beach", "Wish for it, Dream about it, Work for it, Achieve it"

Who I would love to invite to dinner: Bo Jackson- easily one of the best professional two sport athlete

What is most important to me:
My family and being the best I can be day in and day out. Living and learning

Professors that have made an impact on my life:
All of my professors at Wesley have had a positive impact on my life. From Dr. Muscko to Coach Short, Professor Barry, Dr. Phillips, Professor Abbott, Professor Hawkins-Riggs and the many others. They all have strived to get the best out of me and have taught me much more than a textbook ever would. I thank all of them for who I am and who I will become after Wesley. 


Kayla with her family at sister Kelsey's graduation  from 
Appoquinimink High School. Kelsey is a sophomore at Wesley College this year.